Dell Servers with vSphere 5.5/6.0 and Compellent SCv2020 HBA SAS conectivity
- Server Dell PowerEdge R530
- Dell Customized ESXi 6.0.0.update02-3620759
- Storage Dell Compellent SCv2020 with 12G SAS Connectivity
- Datastores were inaccessible after ESXi host reboot
- Cannot change path selection
- Lower performance than expected from array
Enable SSH on ESXi host (VMware ESXi – How to Enable SSH on ESXi host) and check drivers with commnad esxcfg-scsidevs -a in my case lsi_msgpt3, which is not correct.
To disable lsi_msgpt3 on ESXi 6.5 run:
esxcfg-module -d lsi_msgpt3
To disable lsi_msgpt3 on ESXi 6.0 & 5.5 run:
esxcli system module set --enabled=false --module=lsi_msgpt3 #for unsintall esxcli software vib remove –n lsi-msgpt3
Download latest mpt3sas driver (currently for ESXi 6.0 U2 – mpt3sas-13.00.00.00-6.0-3755736) from VMware site or for ESXi 6.5 here and unzip it to your desktop. Now you need copy .vib file to your ESXi host to the /tmp folder, easiest way is with WinSCP. After driver installation, about 30 seconds, i restarted ESXi host and it returns to be active.
- vim-cmd hostsvc/maintenance_mode_enter
- esxcli software vib install -v „tmp/file.vib“
- vim-cmd hostsvc/maintenance_mode_exit